Cake is delicious on its own, but frosting takes it to a whole new level. This cream cheese frosting does not follow the traditional path of using confectioner’s sugar. It is naturally sweetened with only maple syrup. A frosting that satisfies your sweet tooth and is actually healthy for you! Come into my kitchen with me and let’s make some cream cheese frosting!
This post contains affiliate links. I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting
First, pour the heavy cream into a medium sized mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer whip the cream until stiff peaks are formed. Set aside.
Allow the cream cheese to sit on the counter for about 30 minutes to soften and warm up a bit. In a mixing bowl add the softened cream cheese and mix until it is light and fluffy. Add the whipped cream into the cream cheese and mix to combine. Next, add the maple syrup and the vanilla. Mix to combine.
Spread the frosting on the cake and enjoy! If you need a cake recipe to go with the frosting, try my almond flour carob cake. We also enjoy this frosting in between my carob brownie cookies (like a cookie sandwich). So delicious!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add 1 cup heavy cream into a medium size mixing bowl. Whisk the cream until stiff peaks are formed.
- In a separate medium size mixing bowl add the 8 ounces of cream cheese. Whisk the cream cheese until light and creamy.
- Add the heavy cream into the cream cheese. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the 2 tbsp maple syrup and 1 tsp vanilla. Stir to combine. Enjoy!